Inspired by the Painting, "Seven AM" by Edward Hopper
Painted to Be StillSeven AM.
No one is stirring.
Birds are chirping.
The air is fresh and clear.
Seven AM.
The painter finishes his last stroke.
And with that,
The clock finishes its last tock.
Seven AM.
The painter leaves.
The trees stop dancing.
The birds stop chirping.
Seven AM!
The clock's face tells the town.
The town...
Who is still sleeping?
Where is everyone?
Cried the clock.
Where are all the people?
The people who give me life?
The people who idolize me,
Who look up to me constantly,
Who scurry about trying to find life
When I am about to die?
Seven AM.
The familiar faces I do not see.
The familiar sound of the doorbell I do not hear.
The familiar pound of my heart, I cannot sense.
I am as still as the morning breeze.
I am as still as the silent town.
I am a clock, who has painted
To be still
At Seven AM.
~ Jessica Belle Stone
No comments:
Post a Comment