Saturday, March 10, 2012

Uganda is 8 1/2 weeks away!!!!

I've never really traveled anywhere.  It's very contrary to what my sister has done.  Amelia has traveled practically EVERYWHERE!!  I was always super jealous.  But now I finally have my chance to travel.
This summer I am going to Uganda with HELP International.  It is an amazing program!  I will be in Uganda for 3 1/2 months!  This summer I will be fighting poverty and empowering the people.
I am so stinking excited!  I seriously can not wait 8 1/2 more weeks until I go.  It is killing me!  I just want to go right now and start on the service projects!
I think it's the only thing getting me through this ridiculous semester which has no breaks.
Before I leave, I am going to make another blog just for it.  I will give the URL once I make it.  I hope you will all follow and feel like you are in Uganda with me! :)
Or you could really come to Uganda with me!  Or some other country (Fiji, Tanzania, India, Belize, Peru, Thailand, El Salvador, Nicaragua).  There's about 40 more spots left for this summer to join!!  If you want more info, go to http://help-international.org/  :)
Also, if you want to see what has been done in Uganda already or what we may continue doing this summer check out HELP's blog for Lugazi, Uganda: http://ugandalugazi.help-international.org/
These are some pictures from previous years of HELP volunteers going to Uganda.  I am so excited! :)
OH!  I will also will be starting a "Can you spot this?" list.  I will want you to give me a list of things that I could possibly see in Africa, and I will try and take a picture of every thing that is on the list.  So get thinking! :)

Quote of the day! :)
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." - Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you Jessica! Can't wait to hear all about it :) Oh, and you should spot an elephant, mcdonalds, two people in love, and many many beautiful children :)

    ReplyDelete