Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pioneer Trek

I just got back today from the best experience ever. The Pioneer Trek.
Rachel & I before leaving for the Trek
My stake, every four years, does a Pioneer Trek. I went 4 years ago, and was lucky enough to come again! :) I loved every second of it and wouldn't trade it for anything!
Typical Kendall! :)
We trekked 11 miles the first day.
Dust from the games - it ended up making it a cool pic! :)
8 miles the second day.

And 4 miles the last day.
Dyllen, Me, and Michael!
The first day was the hardest for me, and most painful. I have a hurt knee, and so after 6 miles, my knee was killing me. I had to stop and ride the horses, for I could no longer trek for the day.
Then second day was probably my best day. We started off with the women's pull. The men left, and we were left there watching them go, tears streaming down our faces with a prayer in our hearts that we would make it.
All of the men leaving.
My knee had been hurting all morning, and I prayed to my Father in Heaven that I would feel no pain in my knee so I could help with the women's pull. I prayed for strength, so that I would be able to make it.
Me & Shayna :)
We trekked to where the hill was, and as we looked up, we saw the men in their white shirts lining both sides of the hill where we were to climb up. It was amazing, this sight was. To see all of the Young Women's faith and determination to help each other get up the large hill.
Corey & Me! We did it!
I felt no pain during this time in my knee. I was able to make the trip 3 times, helping 3 carts up the hill. I fell on my bad knee the 2nd time up, but there was no pain. All I could think of was get up and start going up the hill again. I knew, as we finished and as the Young Men cried, "Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah for Zion!", that the Lord had answered my prayer. I had the strength to keep going and help the carts up. I didn't feel any pain as I went up the hill and also when I fell on my knee. I felt like I was going to die and throw up, but I didn't feel any pain in my knee which was a miracle.
My brother and sister - Casey & Tianna :)
The rest of the day I was able to trek with no problems of my knee. The third day, we trekked to where our parents were waiting to pick us up. We did it! I did it! In spite of my knee, I was able to make it. I was able to trek 16 miles out of the 23 miles we did overall.
More of my fam! L to R: Rachel, Jordan, Timmy, & Kyler
I loved this experience.
Me & Tianna! :) I love this girl!
My family was amazing. They also were completely and absolutely hilarious! I about died laughing every evenging and night! I couldn't have asked for a better family!
The fam! You can't see everyone though.. :(
I loved this experience, and hope to never forget it.
Believe.
Hope.
Endure.
Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah for Zion!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Made me cry! What an amazing testimony of the power of prayer. Love you a million Jess!

    ReplyDelete