Sunday, November 11, 2018

Meal Planning

In September I went to live with my Grandma to help her out.  A big thing that I did to help was cook meals for her.  This gave me the perfect opportunity to learn how to meal plan and do it for a long time!

I really enjoyed learning how to meal plan.  Finding recipes that I'd like to make during the week, shopping each week for the ingredients I needed, and then following through with what I had planned to make!  It took a lot of work.  And not to mention a lot of searching on pinterest for recipes that'd work for my grandma (as she has diabetes).  But it payed off!
My grandma has benefited a lot from actually having healthy meals now.  Her blood sugar isn't all over the place anymore, so that has been a huge blessing!  And she's (slowly, but surely) gaining some meat on those bones of hers! 
When I move, I hope that I will be able to continue to meal plan and make time for cooking.  It's hard when life gets busy and you have things to do, but it is definitely something I want to continue doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment