Sunday, November 4, 2012

The weekend that changed my life!

Almost exactly one month ago my life completely changed.
October 5th I turned 20. With that birthday, these were my thoughts, "Only 1 more year to go until I can serve a mission!"
October 6th came.  First session of conference.  The Prophet got up to welcome us to the 182nd Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  I just realized that I labeled the date in my journal wrong...it's supposed to say October 7, 2012. Oops. :)
This news that President Thomas S. Monson shared changed my life that morning.
Makes me cry each time! :)
I'm going on a mission.
I immediately set up an appointment with my bishop to start my papers.  I completed them the same day except for the dental and doctor stuff.
 The snacks along the way made it even better - Thank you Amelia and Jon for the delicious birthday gift!
I was finally able to have my stake interview this past Thursday (they have been REALLY backed up so it has taken forever).  They let me push the 'SUBMIT' button that would send my paperwork to the mission headquarters in Salt Lake where they would immediately start processing the paperwork.
This coming Friday my mission call should be assigned.  The following Wednesday, my call should be in my mailbox.
This is the picture that will show up on the wall when they look at my papers!
 This is the face that the Prophet will see. :)
So far there has been a couple of my friends who have received their mission calls already. I am so excited for them!
Shayna- Buenos Aires, Argentina North Mission. Spanish speaking. Enters the MTC January 16, 2013

Kara M.- Hungary Budapest Mission. Hungarian Speaking. Enters the MTC January 23, 2013
Sadie- Norway Oslo Mission. Norwegian Speaking. Enters the MTC January 23, 2013
Shayne- Australia Perth Mission. English Speaking. Enters the MTC March 13, 2013
Kara T.- England Manchester Mission. English Speaking. Enters the MTC January 31, 2013
Saya- Nagoya Japan Mission. Japanese Speaking. Enters the MTC January 9, 2013
Amanda- England Manchester Mission. English Speaking. Enters the MTC January 31, 2013
Kelcie- Pennsylvania Philadelphia Mission. English Speaking. Enters the MTC February 6, 2013
Andrew- Texas Dallas Mission. Spanish Speaking. Enters the MTC January 9, 2013

I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that has arisen so I can serve my Lord.  I am going on the Lord's mission and I can't wait to know where I have been called to serve Him.
1 1/2 more weeks. Can't wait.
:)

Quote of the day!:)
" I hope they call me on a mission
When I have grown a foot or two.
I hope by then I will be ready
To teach and preach and work as missionaries do.

I hope that I can share the gospel
With those who want to know the truth.
I want to be a missionary
And serve and help the Lord while I am in my youth."
- Newel Kay Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment