Thursday, October 28, 2010

My First Good Poem! :)

One Last Time
by Jessica Belle Stone

Oh what I would give to hear your voice.
That sweet, gentle, soothing voice.
A memory flash --
You talk, with a small smile
Playing on your lips.
You lean over and give me a playful push.
With a laugh, we keep walking.
With a smile, we keep talking. --

It's been a while since I've heard that voice.
That sweet, gentle, soothing voice.
I tried finding that voice
Late last night...
But I know I've lost it.
I know I can find it no more.
Although I know it's here...there...
Somewhere.

I rack my head for a memory of your voice.
That sweet, gentle, soothing voice.
If just for a moment,
For one last time,
I may have the pleasure
Of hearing that voice.

That voice.
Your voice.
One last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment