Tuesday, July 20, 2010

UREA!

This past week I was able to go to a Leadership camp called UREA. (Don't ask me what it stands for because I can't remember!!) Ü Anywho! I had a BLAST!!!! It was so so SOOO much fun! I made some AMAZING friends!
Aspen, Mckensie, & Marissa! I LOVE these girls!!
We stayed up at Snow College in some apartments by the campus. The first day, we got there and changed into our swimsuits and went and did "Snow Follies". It was a HUGE water fight and water games! So much fun! After Snow Follies, we had to change again and go to some classes.
My AWESOME shoes!! Don't they look grand!? Ü
Tuesday, the second day, we had classes ALL day. It was quite tiring!! But they were good classes! And awesome people who spoke! Ü Tuesday night we had a talent show! Hunter and I were supposed to sing a duet, "Lucky" by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat, but Hunter lost his voice during the Snow Follies so we weren't going to do anything. But 20 minutes before the talent show ended I decided to sing a solo. I sang "The Call" by Regina Spektor. It went alright...I won't go into details. And after the talent show, we had a dance! Well..we mainly just learned some dances for the 'real' dance on Thursday. Ü
Marissa, Me, & Aspen!
Wednesday, in my opinion, was the FUNNEST day of the whole week!!! Guess why!?
Me on the Catwalk!
Me climbing up The Wall
YUP! We went to a ropes course and did courses and challenges ALL day!! It was SO FUN!! Ü
Me & Ross climbing up on the Duo Ladder Ü
Climbing over the Log - We had to get everyone over without losing contact of the person next to you.
Me jumping from the 20ft. pole to try and get the trapeze
Sha-Nay-Nay Group! Ü
After the ropes course, we went to the rec center down the street and played there. I played indoor soccer, and then went swimming!
Cherish, Cami, & Amerie Ü
Thursday, another day of classes. BUT it was the last of the classes! We had classes till around 3. Then we took a test on all the stuff we learned from all the classes. The test was to determine who got a scholarship or not. Each co-op had a different number of scholarships they give out. My co-op, Dixie Escalante, gave out 8 scholarships. (6 - $2,000 scholarships, 1 - $1,000 & Washington DC trip scholarship, and 1 - $2,500 memorial scholarship) After the test, we then got into our co-ops to choose a youth director for next year. A lot of people ran, including me. Then we put our votes in. (We wouldn't find out who was voted youth director until the banquet that night).
Marissa Ü
After the test, we had 3 hours just to hang out and PLAY! Ü Oh, and to get ready for the banquet too. After our time was up, we went and took group pictures, and then went to our banquet. We ate dinner, and then the scholarships were awarded! I got a $2,000 scholarship!!! Ü After all the scholarships were given, they then introduced to new youth directors. I got voted to be the youth director next year for Dixie Escalante!!!!! Ü I was so so happy and excited!!! And my friend, Aspen, got voted to be a youth director too!! Yay!
Marissa, Me, & Aspen! All ready for pictures and dinner! Ü
After all the awarding and presenting, we had a speaker, and after, we had our 'Black Out' dance! We all decked out in glow in the dark sticks and everything! Ü It was so much fun!
Me, Aspen, Karli, & Chelsea! My roomies!!! Ü They were the best! Every night we would stay up until about 1 and just talk! They were so fun!
Then I got a 'lovely' surprise. All the new youth directors were called down under the pavilion Thursday night, and we were told that we had to stay up ALL night so as to make sure no one would sneak out of their apartments. UGH!!! Hardest thing ever for me! We had to stay outside too! It was sooo cold!!!
Chase, Cody, & Tawni - Keeping warm!
I had to keep taking pictures so I wouldn't fall asleep! Although, I still fell asleep every once in a while for about 20 or so minutes at a time.
Playing the guitar, keeping awake!
Rhett, Mitch, & Cole - they stayed up for a little bit with us too haha Ü
Bored..and trying not to fall asleep!
I finally gave up at 5:45am and went inside to my bed. But hey! I made it till it was starting to get light outside, so I think it counts! ;)
You can kinda see the sunrise (barely) behind me!
Friday, we said goodbye to all the awesome friends we made. I'm seriously going to miss everyone so much!!! Haha, I made plans to go and play with my friends that I made that live up by Fillmore. It'll be fun. Ü They are AWESOME!!
Me & Jess - She's AWESOME! Ü
Me & Marissa! Ü Love her! She's WONDERFUL!
Aspen & Me! She's AMAZING Ü
Mckensie, Marissa, and Me! Mckensie & Marissa are flippin' awesome!
On the way home, one of our bus tires BLEW UP!!!!! It was crazy!!!
Crazy, eh!?
We all had to just 'chill' and play while we waited for the bus to be fixed!
One of the best weeks of my life. Ü I loved it! And I love all the new friends I made!! Ü

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jess! AND what a great week you had! Congrats on the scholarship and getting to be a youth director next year. You make me happy to be a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESS!!! That is so cool!! Congrats! You deserve it more than anyone else that I know! Ah! That will help so much! And youth director?!?! Perfect!! You will do AMAZING things, this I am sure! I'm so happy everything is going well for you :) :)

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great experience for you, Jessica! And a big congratulations on your scholarship and being chosen as youth director! That is wonderful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete